Sensor Guide Diagnostic & Training Software
This is a screen capture of the Sensor Guide Program Main Menu
SENSOR GUIDE is a comprehensive training guide that gives you the knowledge you need to understand what happens under the hood of today's cars. It explains how sensors, work, what they do, how to tell when a sensor is bad and common failure symptoms. It's all the basic information you need to diagnose and repair your own vehicle.
SENSOR GUIDE covers sensors that are common to most vehicle makes and models and explains how each basic type of sensor works, how to inspect and test sensors, and what kind of driveability symptoms can be caused by bad sensors. Basic types of Sensors covered include:
* Sensor Diagnostics (tips on how to troubleshoot sensor problems and how to read sensor data PIDS with a scan tool)
* Oxygen sensors (conventional zirconia, titania and wide-range A/F sensors)
* Coolant sensors
* MAP sensors
* BARO sensors
* Throttle Position Sensors (TPS)
* Mass Airflow sensors (MAF)
* Vane Airflow sensors (VAF)
* Karmen Vortex Airflow sensors
* Knock sensors
* Air Temperature sensors
* EGR valve position sensors
* Crankshaft position sensors
* Camshaft position sensors
* Vehicle Speed Sensors (VSS)
* Wheel Speed Sensors (WSS) on ABS systems
* Steering angle sensors
* G-Force sensors
* Airbag crash sensors
Sample Screens from the program:
SENSOR GUIDE also includes "background" sections to help you understand:
* Computerized Engine Controls -- how the PCM uses sensor inputs
* Distributorless (DIS) ignition systems and Coil-Over-Plug (COP) ignition systems
* Use of a digital oscilloscope (DSO) to read waveforms
* Basics of electronic fuel injection, including electronic throttle control
* Basic electrical circuits
* Basic electronic theory
* Basics of OBD II
* Diagnostic tips for troubleshooting sensor-related faults
SENSOR GUIDE can also be used as a training aide to study for the ASE Engine Performance test or LT1 Advanced Engine Performance Test.
NOTE: SENSOR GUIDE does NOT contain service manual type repair information for specific vehicles. If you need repair manual information Click Here for links to OEM and aftermarket service information resources.
Program will runon ANY version of Windows (10, 7 or XP).
Note: This software will NOT run on an Apple/Mac computer, or iphone or Android smart phone or tablet.
PRICE: $19.95 for download version, add $4.95 for CD sent by regular mail domestic customers (U.S. customers only)
Please Note: No Refunds on Software
Click HERE for Tech Support if You Are Having a Software Installation Issue
How To Order Sensor Guide
Click BUY NOW Button Below if you wish to buy Sensor Guide now and receive it as a DOWNLOAD file.
(The program will be sent to you as an email ZIP file attachment when we receive notice of your credit card payment ):
NOTE: Orders placed on holidays or weekends may not be processed until next business day.
For Download help, click here
Click BUY NOW button below if you want to buy Sensor Guide on a CD (Domestic orders only, No International orders for CDs):
The CD will be sent to you today (or next business day) by First Class mail:
NOTE: CDs are NOT avaialble to customers outside the U.S. International customers can order as a download (see button above).
More CarleySoftware Products:
Alignment & Suspension Diagnosis Guide
Antilock Brake System (ABS) Guide
Car Care Guide
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) Guide
Onboard Diagnostics (OBD2) Guide
R134a Retrofit Guide
Scan Tool Companion
Get All The Programs in one EVERYTHING package
Click Here To Return To Carley Software Home Page