This is a screen capture of the OBD II Reference Guide Program Main Menu
A Quick Reference & Training Guide to the basics of OBD II
OBD2 GUIDE covers all aspects of the OnBoard Diagnostic II systems
on late model domestic and import vehicles. Topics covered include:
* Basic Operation of OBD II on 1995 and newer vehicles
* OBD II system monitors (what sensors & systems OBD II watches, enable criteria for running self-tests, & drive cycles)
* Basic OBD II troubleshooting, including general tips and guidelines
* OBD II troubleshooting help by general type of code or symptom
Lists possible causes of specific codes, what to check, what PIDS to look at with your scan tool and more.
Includes helpful information that can save you hours of frustration and chasing dead ends!
* Mode 06 Diagnostic overview (what Mode 06 is and how to access and use it).
* OBD II emissions testing (what is required, tips on how to pass a plug-in OBD II test)
* Related reference information on sensors, fuel injection, ignition and emissions
Updated: November 24, 2017. Added over 600 new codes to OBD DTC code list!
PLEASE NOTE: The OBD II Guide covers the BASICS of the OBD II onboard diagnostic system. It provides general OBD II diagnostic tips, but does NOT get into detailed diagnostics for specific vehicles.
For more in-depth OBD II diagnostic help, see SCANTOOL COMPANION program. Scantool Companion includes everything in the OBD II Guide, plus much more information about fault code and symptom diagnostics. There is no need to order both programs. Just get the Scantool Companion program instead.
Sample Screens from the program (showing popup images over system description & diagnostic text windows):
NOTE: This software does NOT interface with the vehicle or make your PC function as a scan tool.
But you can use this handy reference guide with ANY scan tool or scanner software to diagnose and repair
OBD II-related faults that turn on your Check Engine light.
Program requires Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Win 8 for desktop but NOT Win 8 RT for tablets), or Windows 10.
Please Note: This software will NOT run on an Apple/MAC computer, laptop or smart phone, or an Android phone or tablet unless you have installed a "Windows Emulator" utility program..
Click BUY NOW Button Below if you wish to buy OBD II Guide now and receive it as a DOWNLOAD file.
(The program will be sent to you as an email ZIP file attachment when we receive notice of your credit card payment ): NOTE: Orders placed late at night or on holidays may not be processed until next business day.